Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Beezer Ice Cream



We have this ice cream truck guy in Jersey called Weaser. He has a cheap knock-off of the Greatful Dead Weaser guy from the Europe 72 live album, smashing his raindow colored ice cream cone on his head. I don't usually like rip-off art, especially bad rip-off art. But for some reason, I have always liked this one. I guess I'm just easy when it comes to ice cream. Anyway, here's my spin of a cheap knock-off of Weaser.
I included the original Weaser at the top. I would take a picture of the ice cream truck version but I havn't seen it since I moved to South Jersey 7 years ago.

6 comments:

Breadwig said...

I love this illo. Makes me think of when I was a kid in NYC and the ice cream truck would come by our house in Queens. Powerful work my friend.

jim bradshaw said...

Yeah, the ice cream truck is a great memory for me too. I used to get this thing called a WonderBar. It was strawberry and bannana swirl with a dipped hard shell chocolate coating on a stick. My brain is glazing over just thinking about it.

Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Very nice! I was inspired by your scratchboard style, so I did some research, created my own board, but have yet to try it. I must!

jim bradshaw said...

Hey Scott. It's lots of fun. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Grafifruska said...

Hi! I like this picture very mutch!!!

jim bradshaw said...

Thanks Olgi. I'm glad you like.