blog header

blog header

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Power doodle.


Click on image to enlarge.

Sometimes it feels good to just let my pencil wander and see where it ends up. Like a rolling stone, with no direction home. I needed to stop being so intense for a day. So much of my time away from work goes into my art and the freelance biz developement lately. This blog is just the tip of the iceberg. I have so much on my mind about where I want to go with all my stuff. Working full-time doesn't give me the quality time I want. You know, the best of my day when I am most alert and energetic. My passion for art will have to be the drive I need. I'm not loving the way I feel tonight. I should go to bed earlier than I have been. Jimmy needs rest. Good night my adoring public. All one of you. Ha Ha.

7 comments:

HildaRose said...

Okay, so this from your adoring public...you need a break. You can't work all day as a creator and then go home and create some more, you're brain will burst! Like a volcanoe with all that pressure. Man, go bowling. Grab some friends and throw some balls. They do have balls in New Jersey, don't they? What you need is mindlessness, a way to shake out your energy. Go, go, go...do something without a pen (or wacom) in hand.

Now little Jimmy go out to play!
your fairy godmother

debi hubbs said...

Make that two fans.ha!
I just love your art, super fun!
Hope you get some sleep...
Debi

jimmy said...

Hildarose.
Wow, I didn't know I had a fairy godmother! My life just went up a notch. I guess it can't hurt. Thanks for your advice. But I don't dig on bowling too much. Mainly, I suck at it. Last time out I went above 200 (can't remember the actual number 235 maybe) on the 1st game and everyone had me on a pedestle. As the game progressed, each frame that Jimmy bowled brought a hush of anticipation. I was great for sure until the second game which I must humbly admit was below 90. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that I may have a slight consistency problem. Anyway, going to bed before 11:00 made a big diff in the way I feel. I know where I want to go on my next illo and it may also fit in with the Black & Orange thing. I am pumped again and can't wait to get off work tonight and do it up! You gots good fairy dust. It worked without bowling or darts or yahtzee or anything! :D

Anja said...

Hey, this is great! Love it!

Shane said...

Nice tension in the line quality. Keep heading in this direction. I think it's taking you some where good.

illustrationblog said...

Great energy! I like this a lot.

Wee Cottage said...

Lovely sketchy texture. I have to work on my textures because I fall in love with all these wonderful illustrations with great textures. I missed last weeks "Quiet" - It's lovely, again with more textures...drool! Wonderful illustrations.