Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Beezer


This is my latest. I have been building an updated body of work. This woodcut thing has got me fired up! There are a few woodcut pieces on my website. It seems more powerful than my usual technique. This is the first piece I have done straight on the computer. I usally draw the base in pencil, then scan it into photoshop and go back and forth between photoshop and painter. I have been doing more and more sketching in painter. I now have a digital sketchbook to compliment all my manual sketchbooks. I really need to sketch a lot more. It isn't easy working full-time as an art director and coming home to do more work but illustration is my passion and if I let it go too long my brain feels like it is going to explode. Ahh...the blessing and the curse of the creative mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this one is your best. put it in line for painting, making it first. good luck

Anonymous said...

this is amazing.. i love the style.. is it actually scratchboard? Canyou tell me about your process..Its so cool!